• Demonstrates Business Acumen to understand the business needs of the project and its interaction with other projects/programs to make decisions that are in the best interest of the organization.
• Works directly with the project team and business team to execute project management activities throughout the project lifecycle including planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing for assigned projects.
• Maps and designs processes.
• Defines methodology (including artifacts) to be used throughout the organization to execute projects. Trains the team on the expectations for their role in project management. Trains the team on the use of standard processes or documentation required.
• Mentors less experienced project managers to increase their competency in project management activities.
Experience Qualifications and Background:
• Motivated, team-oriented individual with proven analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to successfully adapt to changes that will impact the business and customer needs.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as a team player with strong organizational and flexibility skills to direct the project team to deliver to plan
• Well-versed and proven success utilizing project management principles across different execution methodologies, such as but not limited to: Waterfall, Agile, Lean Six Sigma, Design-Thinking and HCD.
• Expected to employ an appropriate level of structured planning and execution as well as providing the right balance of agility and predictability.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple work activities to meet target deadlines.
• Has proven experience in demonstrating business and acumen and proven ability to bridge the business strategy to business technology.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, professional presentation, organizational skills and a proactive customer service approach.
• Has proven experience in working with C-level executives and Senior Leaders.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment, innovative and collaborative culture.
• 8+ years of solid Project Management experience exercising business/systems analysis skills
• Experience managing software development projects across all phases of SDLC
o Develop, execute, and maintain project management plan for each assigned project, including scope, schedule, cost, quality, communication, resource, issues, risks, and change control.
o Proactively identify risk and mitigation plans, monitor project status, recognize negative trends and project variances, and coordinate corrective action.
o Manage project changes (scope, budget, and schedule) throughout the project lifecycle.
o Understands project tollgates and ensures the project plan effectively reflects these activities as part of the project delivery. Facilitates project tollgate reviews.
o Work with project teams to identify and estimate project tasks.
• Has proven cross-functional skills to manage successful delivery of programs and/or projects.
• Leadership skills, ability drive team to objectives, leading by example, and teamwork.
• Proficient at using MS Project to build and maintain and integrated project schedule that drives critical path activities.
• Proficient at using tools like MS Office and tools including: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Ability to demonstrate conflict resolution, leadership, adaptability and coordination capabilities.
• Work with technical team to understand complex technical items and abstract issues/risks into actionable items.
• Conducts routine project meetings with the business to communicate progress to plan and topic knowledge areas as it relates to the project deliverables.
• Strong business systems analysis skills including ability to translate business input into actionable requirements, documentation, and traceability through the lifecycle of the project / product.
• Experience facilitating cross-functional workshops to elicit requirements, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis.
• Defines, captures and explains key considerations for matching performance measures with business strategies
• Partners with leaders to evaluate solution options and develop recommendations based on business requirements.
• Must establish strong working relationships with sponsors, business owners and stakeholders across the organization to manage expectations and project delivery.
• Supports Change Management. Influences key partners in executing change management methodology.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint) and tools like Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
Preferred Skills and Experience to be Successful:
• Aptitude to gain and understand enough of the business domain to be able to hold the team’s focus on the business value proposition.
• Aptitude to gain and understand enough of the technical domain to understand the technical risks arising from the technology paradigm and the software development process.
• Experience leveraging prior knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices iterative, waterfall with an Agile development methodology in the right proportions to fit large, complex, enterprise-level projects.
Education and Certifications:
Required – Bachelor’s degree
Preferred Education and Certifications:
• BS Computer Science a plus
• PMP certification a plus
• Lean Six Sigma certification a plus
• Technology certifications a plus
Technology and Tools:
Project Tools: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, Office), Microsoft Projects, MS Visio
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com