Starting from 10 July 2024, eligible individuals can apply for the new Mainland Travel Permit via China Travel Service (CTS) offices in Macao or Hong Kong. This permit allows holders to make multiple 90-day trips to mainland China for various activities without the need for a visa.

The Q&As:

Q1: Who can apply for a Mainland Travel Permit?
A: Permanent residents of Macao or Hong Kong who hold a nationality other than Chinese. There are no age restrictions, but individuals aged 18 and above must be accompanied by their guardian during the application process.

Q2: How to apply for a Mainland Travel Permit?
A: Submit the following –

  • Completed Application Form for Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents (Non-Chinese Citizens) with the applicant’s recent photo pasted
  • Valid Macao or Hong Kong permanent ID card
  • Ordinary passport valid for at least 6 months
  • Nationality certificates

Q3: Where to apply for a Mainland Travel Permit?
A: Submit the required documents to the CTS service centres in Hong Kong or Macao. CTS Hong Kong has an online application platform for non-Chinese permanent residents, while CTS Macao is yet to launch an online platform.

Q4: How long is the Mainland Travel Permit valid for?
A: 5 years

Q5: How much does it cost?
A: The initial application fee is HK$260. Reissuing or replacing the card will cost 230 yuan.